I just recently got nominated for my first blog awards and therefore intend to do a little post about it here, sharing the awards, answering the questions, and such ‘n’ so forth.
Okie dokie, folks! Let’s get on with it. Shall we? 😉
For my first award, I would like to thank Lrose5 who kindly nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award. Because of this award, you get to have a little Q&A session with me. Ready? Let’s start!
1. Display the blog award logo on your blog. (Displayed above!)
2. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you. (Thanks Lrose5!)
3. Do not forget to link to their blogging website. (Linked above.)
4. Answer all the questions they have given you.
5. Nominate 7 to 10 bloggers of your choice.
6. Ask them 7 questions.
Chips or crackers?
I just had some chips, so I’m ready for the crackers! XD Honestly, I don’t have much of an opinion on this one, though I’d maybe choose crackers ’cause they don’t get your fingers messy like some chips do. *nods head intelligently*
What animal do you think is the cutest?
Basically any baby animal. Probably a kitten or puppy… but they grow up fast and aren’t always very cute after that. Baby deer are really cute too. 💕
What is the best book you’ve read this month?
It’s got to be Our Heritage to Save by Ryana Lynn Miller. Oh, that book was SO good! It’s Civil War era historical fiction, and I liked it immensely! (I’ll be posting a review soon, so be on the lookout.)*
Outside or inside?
Oh, inside – definitely! I love nature and all the beautiful outdoorsy scenes, but there is this thing called a mosquito which seems to have some grievance against me. Therefore, I’d rather stay inside.
Who was the last person, besides a family member, that you saw, talked to, or hugged before you started isolating?
I have no idea. Seriously, I am so introverted, I rarely ever leave home anyway. If I had to guess, though, it would most likely be one of my cousins. (But then again, cousins are extended family.)
Favorite music genre?
Classical. I like swing music too, but nothing can beat the classics.
A plain ol’ smiley face, ’cause that’s about all I know how to do! Haha! 🙂
- What is your favorite vacation destination?
- If you had to move to a different country, which would it be?
- What fictional character are you most like?
- What period in history is the most fascinating to you?
- Have you ever tried something you didn’t think you’d like, but ended up liking it after all?
- What is your favorite flower?
- Have you ever gone on a camping trip?
You can also swap out any of these questions for any of the questions I ask for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Also I got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the fact that I ate some ice cream. Kinda weird, I know. But a big thanks to Hattush for the nomination.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog (provided above)
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post (Done!)
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you (See below.)
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions
Do you have your own computer?
Do you ever write stories?
Um… well, I’ve started on who knows how many stories, but I’ve only ever finished like three… maybe… back when I was in school. So yes, I do write stories, but I’m not good at finishing them.
Apples or bananas?
Apples… baked in a pie with vanilla ice cream on the side. 😀 Though bananas are great with yogurt and granola. Hmmm…. am I allowed to change my mind? Or not make it up at all?
Do you wear a watch?
Nope! Haven’t worn one for more than a year. And before that, I only wore one very sporadically. (It all happened one day when we went for a swim at the lake, and I hopped in with my watch on. And it wasn’t waterproof. And it kinda got ruined. And I never found another watch I really liked. And… hey, what’s so bad about not having a watch? Hmm?)
How do you style your hair?
On an average day in my life, I’d just do a quick pony tail. But I’ve recently been trying out an Edwardian, Gibson Girl pompadour-ish style.
What is your go to outfit for daily life?
My long navy wool skirt with either a button-up blouse or my stripy knit top. And I love to wear my red wool cardigan if it’s cool outside.
How is the quarantine effecting you?
Oh? There is a quarantine? I didn’t know; I’m introvert. (Okay, so I do know about the quarantine, but I’m fine. I’m fine.)
One movie you’ve seen in the last 48 hours?
The FBI Story (1959) – for maybe the twentieth time. It’s a two and a half hour movie, but my brother loves it. Don’t get me wrong – it’s a good movie. But I’ve seen it so many times, it has lost its original appeal.
Do you prefer going barefoot or with shoes?
Right now, barefoot. But I could change my mind at any moment. Haha! (Yeah, I’m so indecisive.)
Radio or CD’s?
CD’s definitely – that way I know what I’m listening to. If I’ve been out driving, however, I like to listen to the classical music radio station. It helps to calm me down.
When is the last time you sent a package to someone?
*gulp* I confess! I’m guilty! Ahhhhhh! Oh, no! *panicking* I am so guilty here! I… eh, hem… haven’t *gulp* sent any letters since at least last autumn. It’s been even longer since I sent an actual package. Like maybe two years, but I can’t remember. (Go on… execute me! I said I was guilty!)
Anyone who has read a chapter of Proverbs today.
- What chapter of Proverbs did you read?
- What is the craziest thing you have done on vacation?
- A favorite quote from your best friend?
- Do you drop the g at the end of your words? (Such as sayin’ mornin‘ instead of morning.)
- What was (or is) your favorite subject in school?
- What was (or is) your least favorite subject?
- Early bird or Night Owl?
- What is the best birthday present you ever got?
- Mountains or Ocean?
- What is the greatest prank you have ever pulled on someone?
- And what is the greatest prank someone has ever pulled on you?
Phew! That was one question-heavy post! I must admit, I’m getting a little tired of questions by now. Aren’t you? (Please excuse the question. 😉 )
Have a wonderful week!
*The author gave me a free, ebook copy of Our Heritage to Save in exchange for a review (which will be coming soon). I am not required to give a positive review… but I’m going to anyway. It’s that good!